In addition to the carriages that are kept at the Royal Mews, a number of vehicles that are used to carry Her Majesty the Queen and other members of the Royal Family to and from engagements are kept in the garages at the Royal Mews.
In 1901, King Edward VII made history by being the first monarch to purchase a royal motor vehicle. Queen Victoria was not a fan of motor vehicles, so King Edward VII established the first garage at the Royal Mews. By 1920, King George V had transformed two of the royal coach houses into garages for the royal Daimlers.
The Queen’s State Limousines, which are currently managed by The Royal Mews and consist of three Rolls-Royces, three Daimlers, and two Bentleys that are all painted in the Royal Claret livery, as well as the Queen’s personal vehicles, are all painted in the same color scheme.
6 Top Secrets About ‘The Beast’ Presidential Limo